Green Physical Needs Assessment (GPNA)
Designed to combine On-Site Insight's multifamily expertise with the requirements of the Fannie Mae Green Refinance Plus Program.
In 2011, Fannie Mae and HUD announced the Green Refinance Plus Program, which provides additional funding for the refinance, preservation and energy-efficient retrofits of affordable multifamily housing properties. The new program provides 4-5% of additional loan proceeds that can be used for improvements that reduce energy and water costs for owners and tenants.
Based on our extensive experience completing over 6,500 PNAs in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, we have developed a Green Physical Needs Assessment (GPNA) that meets all the requirements of the Green Refinance Plus Program. This GPNA identifies a property’s immediate and future capital needs, as well as cost-effective opportunities for increasing energy and water efficiency. All of our associates are certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) as Building Analysts and Multifamily Analysts, and have an average of ten years of multifamily capital planning experience.
Per the requirements of the Green Refinance Plus Program, On-Site Insight's GPNA includes the following:
1. PNA Report Comparing Traditional and Green Requirements
- Identifies immediate needs
- Identifies repairs and replacements necessary during the term of the loan
- Identifies green alternatives and describes financial and other benefits
2. Energy Audit
- Identifies reasonable, cost-effective opportunities that are expected to produce a 20% reduction in energy consumption
- Includes an assessment of potentially viable alternatives for generating electricity, heating water, and heating and cooling the building
- Assists the property owner in tracking energy and water utility costs using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
3. Integrated Pest Management Plan Inspection
- Documents the pest condition of the property and reviews the pest management plan
- Evaluates existing pest control practices and procedures
- Identifies additional repairs and/or site changes necessary to improve pest management
Please click here to download a Fannie Mae Green Refi Plus Program Term Sheet.